Regardless of your lifestyle, your dog deserves to go for walks & runs once in a while. Some dog breeds, such as the retrievers, huskies, beagle, malamutes, and hounds, love to play outdoors. From fetching the ball for your kid, to taking a dip in the pond, these are working dogs, and as a dog parent, you have to ensure that your animal is ready to enjoy the weather, regardless of the season. In this post, we are discussing the important things that you must buy for your outdoor dog!
- Rainwear for dogs is only getting more creative by the day. Imagine having to clean an entire home because your dog enjoyed a natural shower! Raincoats and apparel for dogs don’t have to be expensive, but remain one of the most essential things. You can check for popular choices like Hurtta rain blocker, which not only prevent your dog from getting wet but also protects the animal from insects and ticks.
- Every dog needs to have the right harness. Find a harness that works for your dog in particular. For example, if your pooch has a tendency to pull on the walk, you may want a harness where the clip attachment for the leash is on the chest/front, rather than the back. Find harnesses that are comfortable, and if you like your dog to take a splash once in a while, find waterproof-designs if available.
- Dog house. You can build a dog house in the yard, or can buy a ready one – the choice is yours. Dog houses are great for offering shelter to your dog in the sun, whenever it needs a break. Make sure that the dog house is big enough for your dog and throw in a few toys.
- Pet ID tags. ID tags are important for every outdoor dog. Even when your dog is absolutely well-trained, a pet tag is necessary, so that people can always identify details and call you, in case the pet is lost. If your budget permits, you can even check for a GPS tracking device.
- Always keep treats handy in your bag when you are taking your dog for a walk. Sometimes, the animal may not respond to certain calls, but if you have a good treat handy, you might be able to woo the animal into doing something.
For rainwear and harnesses, check online now!